5 Novels From PRH Canada and PRH UK Among 6 Shortlisted For 2023 Booker Prize
Hearty congratulations to our Booker Prize shortlisters, published by our UK and Canada sister imprints. The 2023 autumn literary awards carousel took five of our authors for another rings-grabbing spin, on September 21, with the presentation in London of the judges’ selection of the six shortlisted titles, chosen from the long list of thirteen, contending for this year’s Booker Prize. Alas, none of the shortlisters are the two PRH U.S. longlisted titles.
Works of long-form fiction, published in the UK and Ireland between October 1, 2022 and September 30, 2023, are eligible for this storied award, and to bask in its immense international cachet.
Our Booker Semi-Finalists:
- STUDY FOR OBEDIENCE by Sarah Bernstein (Knopf Canada)
- IF I SURVIVE YOU by Jonathan Escoffery (McClelland & Stewart, PRH Canada)
- THIS OTHER EDEN by Paul Harding (Hutchison Heinemann, Cornerstone, PRH UK)
- WESTERN LANE by Chetna Maroo (Knopf Canada)
- THE BEE STING by Paul Murray (Hamish Hamilton, Penguin General, PRH UK)
Recent Penguin Random House Booker Prize recipients include Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo, co-winners, respectively, in 2019, for “The Testaments,” and “Girl, Woman, Other,” and Damon Galgut, for “The Promise,” in 2021.
The 2023 winner will be announced at a BBC nationally televised ceremony in London the evening of November 26.
Click here for the complete Booker Shortlist.