5 PRH Authors on Lukas Prize 2021 Shortlists
The 2021 shortlists for the prestigious J. Anthony Lukas Prize Project Awards, sponsored by the Columbia Journalism School and the Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard University, include five Penguin Random House authors. Established in 1998, these awards recognize excellence in American nonfiction writing from both published books and works in progress on history and topics of American political or social concern.
The 2021 Lukas Prize winners and runners-up will be announced on Wednesday, March 24. The awards will be presented virtually at a ceremony on Tuesday, May 4.
J. Anthony Lukas Book Prize
- DARK MIRROR: Edward Snowden and the American Surveillance State by Barton Gellman (Penguin Press)
- AFTER THE LAST BORDER: Two Families and the Story of Refuge in America by Jessica Goudeau (Viking)
- CASTE: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson (Random House)
J. Anthony Lukas Work-In-Progress Awards
- HOUSE OF SWANN: Where Slaves Became Queens — and Changed the World by Channing Gerard Joseph (Crown)
- DIARY OF A MISFIT by Casey Parks (Knopf)
To view the complete shortlists, click here.