Jack Reacher is Back in BETTER OFF DEAD, Attend a Virtual Event With Lee Child and Andrew Child
Our new Igloo Book Buzz selection is BETTER OFF DEAD, a new Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child and Andrew Child, published by Delacorte Press on Tuesday, October 26. VP & Editorial Director Kara Cesare says, “Working with Lee and Andrew on the Jack Reacher series is pure joy. Because of their brilliant minds working together, Jack Reacher should be ready for even more incredible, action-packed and unforgettable adventures.”
Some brothers are fierce rivals. Some are close compatriots. And others, in the case of noted authors Lee and Andrew Child, are partners on the page. In BETTER OFF DEAD, they have teamed up once again for the next Jack Reacher novel, bringing their trademark suspense and breakneck pacing (and high body count!) that have become the hallmarks of this iconic series.
Since the publication of Killing Floor more than 20 years and 20 books ago, Jack Reacher has grown into a global phenomenon, perennially topping bestseller lists, boasting more than 100 million copies in print internationally, and inspiring two major motion pictures as well as a forthcoming streaming series from Amazon Studios, Skydance TV and Paramount TV Studios starring Alan Ritchson. Fans include everyone from beloved New York Times critic Janet Maslin, bestselling authors like James Patterson, Stephen King, and Malcolm Gladwell, actor Henry Winkler, and countless booksellers and reviewers alike who have praised Reacher for his heroic moral compass and his ruthless pursuit of fighting for the underdog.
To attend one of the virtual events on Lee and Andrew Child’s virtual tour for BETTER OFF DEAD, click here to view the dates and times, and register — all ticketed events include a signed book!
Praise for the Jack Reacher series:
- “The strongest brand in publishing.” —Forbes
- “Utterly addictive.” —The New York Times
- “Easily the best thriller series going.” —NPR
- “[Jack Reacher is] one of this century’s most original, tantalizing pop-fiction heroes.” —The Washington Post
Praise for BETTER OFF DEAD:
- “The mixture of brute-force and intellectual problem-solving is just right.” —Booklist
- “Smart writing, vivid action scenes, and dramatic twists mark this seamless effort. Even those for whom this is their first Reacher novel will be clamoring for more.” —Publishers Weekly(starred review)
- “Lee Child and Andrew Child return for another jointly written Reacher adventure…Andrew Child smoothly slips into the signature minimalist prose of the iconic series, picking up just where his brother leaves off, for a book that should please old stalwarts and new fans alike.” —com
LEE CHILD is the author of twenty-five New York Times bestselling Jack Reacher thrillers, with sixteen having reached the #1 position, and the #1 bestselling complete Jack Reacher story collection, No Middle Name. Foreign rights in the Reacher series have sold in one hundred territories. A native of England and a former television director, Lee Child lives in New York City and Wyoming.
ANDREW CHILD, who also writes as Andrew Grant, is the author of RUN, False Positive, False Friend, False Witness, Invisible, and Too Close to Home. Child and his wife, the novelist Tasha Alexander, live on a wildlife preserve in Wyoming.