There’s a Book for That: Time Travel
May 16, 2018
This time, it’s about time: Italian theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli’s latest book, THE ORDER OF TIME, released last week and his calendar is full! Rovelli discussed time travel, how he’s working on a way to quantify gravity in which time doesn’t exist.and more on NPR’s “Science Friday.”(Listen to the full segment here).
In a parallel universe, the site Unbound Worlds has also taken up the theme of time travel in excellent fashion. All worm-holes and word worlds considered, if there is no “time” then the following books are indeed timeless:expand
There’s a Book for That! is brought to you by Penguin Random House’s Sales department. Please follow our Tumblr by clicking here—and share this link with your accounts: theresabookforthat.tumblr.com. Thank you! Did you see something on the news or read about something on your commute? Perhaps you noticed something trending on Twitter? Did you think: “There’s a book for that!”? Then please, send it our way at email@example.com
How Brightly, Signature and Unbound Worlds Celebrate #BannedBooksWeek
September 29, 2017
To mark, celebrate and note the importance of Banned Books Week (September 24 – 30), three of Penguin Random House’s corporate verticals – Brightly, Signature, and Unbound Worlds – feature articles that highlight the ways in which banned books can immeasurably influence, shape and impact our lives.expand
Unbound Worlds Debuts Cage Match 2017: Sci-Fi vs. Fantasy
March 7, 2017
Unbound Worlds, Penguin Random House’s online destination dedicated to the literary worlds of science fiction and fantasy, today announces the start of Cage Match 2017: Sci-Fi vs. Fantasy. The annual character-bracket tournament formerly known as Suvudu Cage Match is back for a seventh year (and eighth tournament), making its debut on Unbound Worlds with a new theme, look, and interactive features.expand
- Chuck Wendig’s match between Miriam Black from Blackbirds vs. Molly Millions from William Gibson’s Sprawl Trilogy
- C.A. Higgins’ battle between Ananke from Lightless vs. Owen Kennedy from Kevin Hearne’s Iron Druid Chronicles
- Gini Koch’s fight between Kitty Katt from the Alien series vs. Harry Crewe from Robin McKinley’s The Blue Sword
- G.T. Amasi’s clash between Alix Nico from Shadowstorm vs. Suri from Michael J. Sullivan’s Legends of the First Empire
- Seanan McGuire’s showdown between Georgia Mason from the Newsflesh series vs. Mata Zyndu from Ken Liu’s Dandelion Dynasty series
Penguin Random House Launches Unbound Worlds
September 26, 2016
Penguin Random House unveils Unbound Worlds (www.unboundworlds.com), the successor online destination to Suvudu, dedicated to the literary worlds of science fiction and fantasy. The website will offer readers insight into books and authors from all publishers and occupy the crossroads of science fiction and fantasy, including slipstream, pop science, fairy tales and folklore, magical realism, urban fantasy, and more.expand
- Event Coverage of conventions with details about author appearances, panels, and signings.
- Features that include book lists, 50-Page Friday excerpts, and coverage of popular series.
- Sweeps and Giveaways such as prizes, swag, and advance reads.
- Cage Match, an annual original fiction bracket-style tournament of characters that enlists writers to create fictional battles and readers to vote for winners.